Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thanks For Waiting

Thanks for checking in! To your amazement, I have have posted a new blog. Same old sob story, we've been busy. Jeff and Amy got hitched. Congratulations! The wedding was amazing. Nothing but the best wishes and sincerest hopes for you. Nice set has been powering forward through a one loss season. Lets roll this thing to the finals. Hopefully we wont choke like the Cavs. Although, as a manager, my money is on Mike Staudt over Mike Brown.

I have been really, really sick since my last post. I had tube surgery for the massive ear infection that migrated its way to my skull. Two months of antibiotics, steroids, pain killers, and sinus rinses didn't do the trick, so I went under the knife yesterday. The sinus surgery went great and I should be recovered to 100% capacity within the next two weeks. Thanks to everyone that has helped and prayed. Special thanks to the grandparents who have been babysitting, doing our chores, and fixing our house. Peace of mind goes a long way when you are sick.

Jude had his first birthday on June 11th. We celebrated that night at our house with cake, some presents, and family. The following Saturday was the big party. Thank you everyone for the gifts, money, gift cards, time, food, etc. I can't say enough. Everyone is so generous and we love you all. Special thanks to Grandpa Whittington, who on literally ZERO hours of sleep in two days put on a great party. 2-litre rockets, giant bubbles, air cannons, and of course....the real cannon.

Here is a random selection of pics. Enjoy.


































It's the things that make you go hmm.
-Bennett

2 comments:

jamie and todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jamie and todd said...

I'm so happy the surgery went well - we were thinking about you! I liked the two weekends in a row with the Thayers - photos are adorable. I love the sleepy cake shot. Back to missing you guys...