Saturday night, sometime between midnight and 6am, my jeep was broken into. "They" took my stereo, some CDs, an emergency roadside breakdown kit. The rear window was ripped and the contents of my glove box and lock box were strewn all over the place. Usually I give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they were hard up for money or felt pressured to do it. But this time I just feel a lot of anger. I don't care about the stuff, a cheap car radio doesn't really matter to me. (Besides, it was broken ... so the joke is on them I guess.) But what bothers me is the type of person it takes to do something like that. I would almost feel better if it were just vandalism, you know, some junior high kid who can't identify. But no. It was someone who definitely knew what they were doing, went out looking for a stereo, and took it, giving no thought to the people they hurt. I had to spend a day of my time with claims, adjusters, and police. I have the expenses of the deductible and even more time and inconvenience with the repairs. But more importantly, I have to now worry about the safety of my wife and child. I have to worry every night I park my jeep. I spent last night looking out my window every hour or so. Every sound was a burglar. All so some thoughtless, selfish, punk can get a cheap stereo. That's all it is to them, a cheap stereo. They probably blame me for having it. We all should feel thankful that we were raised right and live right. The world is full of ignorance, selfishness, and disrespect. I guess this was just a reminder to me. Thanks for listening to me vent. I had to get it out.
-Bennett
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment